Verse of the Day

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Zinedine Zidane - Mon héros

Well, the first time I saw this man, I hated hime. He was out screwing all the teams out there, with his incredible skills in the 98 France world Cup. He was the one who threw in fear into the eyes of many a team. In the finals, he took the case of Brazil so well that no brazillian knew what hit them. His headers in the finals were incredible and finished brazil off leaving them no chance. I saw brazil being destroyed with my own eyes, and deep in my heart the seed of hatred was planted against him. I would hate anybody who stood in the way of the victorious path of brazil.

And my dislike for him made me follow him. As I watched him, The seed of hatred in my heart started to shrivel. I knew that this guy was not ordinary. He was truly a class apart. Something unmatched. Something that wouldnt come back to the world, once gone.

Every goal of his was a wonder to watch. I just dont know why. And his tackles were magic. When he swooned his legs around the ball, everyone just gaped. His cool effortless style and his looks, all went together to turn the player I hated the most to the player I love the most.

My initial hate just stemmed from the fact that Zidane screwed Brazil, and I always have been a brazil fan. Looking back at those days, i feel I was immature. I took hasty decisions, and i followed what others did. Everybody loved brazil & I loved brazil too. I hardly thought for myself.

Today, as I watched the France v/s Spain match, Zidane again ethralled me. The last goal that he shot in the last few minutes was icing on the cake for France and was the event that made my day. Though the years have passed him by, he still remains as the Hero of many. A Hero that I would admire for many years to come...


Zidane, Zidane.. oh Zidane.
The chill of darkness,
A vipers venom,
Ruthlessness of death,
A raging storm,
All strike easier than you ...

No comments: