Verse of the Day

Thursday, November 27, 2008

City on fire


Wheneveer terrorism strikes India, I usually want to blog about it. Though I haven't blogged every time it did, the number of posts on terror seems to be on the increase. Now Terrorists invade Mumbai! Even in my wildest of dreams would I never have thought that what happened could actuall be done. What the terrorists did was something beyond my imagination, and I know that I have a wild imagination. What if I was at CST that rueful day? What if I was shot on the back of my head, and my face was blown out on the other side, and my family had to come find this faceless corpse of mine lying on a CST platform, next to 57 other corpses, faceless for them. How would my family take it? Worse, what if one of my near and dear ones would have received a bullet as a gift from those brainwashed diabolic radicals? How my blood would boil then. How my spirit would fume. Yet, however much I am infuriated by this attack, it is goober peas compared to the sorrow that the victims and their families go through. We, the unaffected would never understand, unless we are the affected.

I fold my hands in humble prayer, close my eyes and thank God for keeping me and my family safe on this vile day, the day that the devil danced a jig in front of the Taj. And I pray that the families of the victims would be comforted; their losses are too immense for comprehension. I pray that the politicians would stop waltzing with medusa, and pullup their slimy pants. That the scales would fall off the eyes of our blind leaders, and that the corruption that is eating to our country like an african-flesh-rot-bug would be axed at its neck. I pray that God would have mercy on all of us, because if there is someone who can save us now, it is him.

No comments: