Verse of the Day

Monday, October 27, 2008

Scooting Around

Just a couple of weeks ago, as Harvest approached, the much awaited outdoor-trip-plan was being discussed again by none other than the ex-syntelite buddies (group of friends from my old company, Syntel) . Our group is now scattered across IT companies. Infosys, Syntel, Accenture, Capgemini and Merrill Lynch. We keep in touch through daily e-mails. And through emails, we were discussing about having an outing. In the good old days, when we all were on the same payroll, we were known as the ABS globe trotters, because of our travel-mongering ways. It had been a real long time since we hung out together again. We knew that we wouldn’t have all the old guys along with us. But even if we had three to four, it would be fun.

Sometime back in august, we had planned for a trip to Thailand. But when Sunil realized that his passport was to expire in 3 months, we had to abandon those plans (you need to have a 6 month valid passport when you are entering Thailand). Now the destination being discussed was Goa. Goa is a place where I would always go, without thinking twice. In the last 4 years, I have been there 4 times, and this trip would take my average to more than once a year. Finally after a lot of persuasion, dropping out, excuses etc. four of us managed to commit ourselves to the trip. Out of the 4, I was the one who was the most reluctant. The reason being that we were planning to go out on a Harvest Sunday. Initially, I disposed the option of going, but some persuasive calls later, I changed my mind. It was after a real long time that I would get to hang out with old buddies, and I thought it would probably be worth it.

We started off the journey in Konduskar Volvo. The journey was pleasant enough, because the Volvo was really a volvo. On my return journey,

No comments: