Verse of the Day

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Desire of an Ordinary Man


These are from one of my earlier writings... Found this old write-up, hidden in one of my PC backups after really long, and I decided to publish it on my blog. here goes....

---

"It about time I actually did something significant. About time I contributed to society. About time I made a difference. About time I got up from my slumber" I thought to myself. "But... How?" Hmmm... a question that actually made me scratch my head as i crossexamined my life. What was I doing with it anyway?
Soon my mind was flooded with questions triggered of by "But ...How?", and I soon realized that I had simple answers to these baffling questions.

Q. Who am I?
A. A mere commoner.

Q. What could I do to serve the world around me?
A. Maybe give a beggar a rupee or abstain from pissing on the roadside walls (however bad the pressure may seem).

Q. Do I Have the money to start something?
A. No.

Q. Do I have the guts to go out and battle it out?
A. No.

Q. Why am I writing this?
A. Probably an outlet for my frustation...

Q. Can writing help?
A. Maybe...

Q. Should I stop putting up these stupid questions in my article?
A. YES!!!

I could go on and on, but lets move on to things of more substance.
After I grilled myself with those questions, I soon realized that a contribution to society would be something that would need my energy & efforts. I am lazy. Well ... what the hell!! everybody is! Set aside some guys who think that jogging in the wee hours of the morning is better than tucking your head into that cozy old pillow. The point is I have the energy inside me, but didnt have the will to gyrate it into something that could make a difference.

Therefore I decided that "I need to change." I took up jogging for starters. And when I did that, I knew why the early jogger running around a park like a nut loves that routine over precious sleep. I also went out and got a pair of dumbells. You get them at reasonable rates at a roadside shop in Ghatkopar west. Go get em!! I was soon pumping my arms whenever I got the time.
I also decided that I would be more religious. I started carrying the Bible with me. I stopped doing things I shouldnt be doing. And I decided to be a good fellow... and blah blah blah!

So will doing these things (that seem so right) actually help me out in my endavour to save the world? Maybe. Maybe not. But more likey "Maybe". Therefore I continue to do these things. And is it easy? No. Infact resisting something that your concience tells you is wrong is tougher than climbing mount everest, atleast for a weakly willed person like me.

Next, I decided that I would write. I always knew that my fingers speak better than my mouth. And I started exercising my fingers on the Keyboard. I started with short articles and extensively long letters, and a poem here and there. Well, reading was always a part of me, and it did help me write. And I wrote. I am still writing and it really helps me release all the crap that is stored inside me.

And then I decided to put up what I wrote on the internet. I decided to have my own blogs. Thats how this article got online.
So getting to the meaning of this write up "Desire of an Ordinary Man". The Ordinary person is me. Simple old me. Been just over a couple of decades since Ive been walking the face of this planet. My desire is to "To contribute positively" to anything that I can. From helping my mother grate coconuts, to saving the world from a devastating meteor. It could just be anything.
I have started my journey. Maybe I will succeed, maybe all my efforts would be in vain, but I atleast would have the satisfaction to say "I tried". This was a proclamation write-up to annunciate the arrival of ME.

There are many ordinary men like me who have similar desires. This is to encourage them to take up the battle against the dark forces that tend to push one and all down. Follow your dreams. Wake up and take up your swords. And let us return from the battle field victorious. Lest we perish, from one drop of blood of an ordinary man would arise a million more. And it takes just ordinary men to peform extraordinary feats.

"It is the Desire of an ordinary man that can move in the world in extraordinary ways".

---

No comments: